About Me

My photo
Teacher in Aberdeen. New beginnings happening very soon. Watch this space.

Friday 17 June 2011

Exams, Friendship and Flying.

Heya, everyone. Hope you're all well and are enjoying the holidays so far. This is just a post on my day and generally random things taking place in my life at the moment, along with a couple of tips. Enjoy folks!


I had a lovely day today. I passed 3rd year (yay for Lisa), meaning I'm officially a 4th year (unless you want to be picky and say "not 'til you're registered") Meh. No-one likes a buzz kill. Previous to finding out my results, I had a mini-heart attack (not literally). I woke up, checked facebook and saw people's status updates about results being up! What a relief to have passed :) It was hard work, but it all paid off in the end.



I also visited a friend of mine who I had not seen in AGES. It was so lovely catching up with her and we are definitely going to be staying in contact :) If you have a friend who you haven't seen in a while, visit them, even if it's only for an hour. It really does brighten up your day! It also gives you something to do when the weather is just bleugh (Thumbs down for the Irish weather)



I've currently spent the last few days sorting out and buying things for Brighton. I'm super organised like that. I have check-lists galore. I think that's a teacher thing in general. I'm going for eight days. I never thought I'd find it difficult to make the decision of what tops to bring. Every girls (and some guys) nightmare. But yeah, I'm very excited! Hoping the weather is a least a little better by the time I get there. Here's hoping.



I wish flying was a little more comfortable. I generally enjoy flying but when my ears pop they hurt sooooo freaking much. I've read a few tips on how to overcome this, or at least to aid in making them less painful. First though, I'll tell you exactly why ears hurt during a flight. When your ears pop the eustachian tube that runs from the ears to the nose become swollen. The trick is to open up this tube. One tip is to chew gum. You're constantly opening your jaw therefore the tube will open multiple times. I did try this once and it worked. Other times I simply forgot my gum so it was my own fault that I had to suffer. Oops! Today my dad bought me 'earPlanes' (love the name). These help to relieve air pressure discomfort and also helps ro reduce noise. They sound good. I like that they drown out noise. That plane is goddamn noisy! Well, I haven't actually tried these yet, but I'll give them a whirl on my way to Brighton and let you know if they are worth purchasing :)



Now, I'm off to indulge in some Prison Break. Until next time!
Byebye,

Lisa X

No comments:

Post a Comment