About Me

My photo
Teacher in Aberdeen. New beginnings happening very soon. Watch this space.

Saturday 31 March 2012

Smile :)



"Smile" is a song based on an instrumental theme used in the soundtrack for the 1936 Charlie Chaplin movie Modern Times. This song was composed by the wonderfully talented Charlie Chaplin - I've mentioned him in one of my older blogs.

The version I love is that from Michael Jackson. The lyrics are there to tell the listener to basically cheer up, because there is always tomorrow. The message is to just smile. Nat King Cole also has a lovely version of this song - he was the original singer for this song.



Just a little something for when we may be feeling blue.

Have a lovely evening.

Lisa

p.s - Please check out some of Charlie Chaplin's silent movies. They are fantastic. Simple they may appear, but there is such a deep and meaningful message behind each of his films. My favourites would be 'The Kid' and 'Modern Times'



I actually have this poster in my room :)

No comments:

Post a Comment